Monday, September 12, 2011

Oh my goodness, I officially start school tomorrow.

You guys, I'm so excited. But I'm also ridiculously scared. I've been preparing for Aveda for a YEAR, and now I finally start!
I just bought a bunch of black clothes yesterday (hooray for simple uniforms, am I right?) including these absolutely adorable shoes.
Dana thinks I'm crazy for wanting to cut hair in these.
Okay, they may have been the tiniest bit impractical to buy. BUT I LOVE THEM YOU CAN'T MAKE ME BRING THEM BACK. They were only $25 dollars! (At Target, where I buy all of my stuff...) And, I can totally justify buying them. I had to buy dress pants, because they're the only kind of actual pants I'm allowed to wear (I'm gonna be wearing leggings every. Single. Day. I love leggings.) but, as I have a long torso and short legs, dress pants always, always, ALWAYS bunch up around my ankles, and just look bad. But with these heels, they stay straight, don't drag on the floor, and just look better. 
One happy thing about those dress pants (besides justifying the shoes...) is they're a size 2! A 2!! Granted, I doubt I fit in to a 2 in anything BUT these pants (jeans are much tighter), but it was a HUGE confidence boost to realize the 4 (which is still smaller than my normal size) was too small, and the 2 fit just right. I normally don't put a whole lot of stock in to sizes (I'm perfectly happy with my body just the way it is, and, as a bonus, Sam is, too.) but man. Realizing I could fit in a size 2, and do it comfortably? I won't lie, it made me feel very, very, very good about myself.
(I would post more pictures of my new clothes, but they're nothing exciting. Just some black shirts, really.)
I also figured out what I want to do with my hair tomorrow. It's so cute, but, it takes me like, two hours. Yeah, I'll be falling asleep at like, 6 pm tonight. (Lol, yeah right.) Anyway, I got the basic idea for the style from Vintage Hairstyling (By Lauren Rennells), which is basically my hair bible. But, my hair was too short for the style in the book, so I tweaked it a bit.
Almost like a beehive. It's a lot bigger than this picture shows.
I'm so in to the pin-up girl look, it's ridiculous. I'll have to post some of my pictures sometime. (Fourth of July, oh man. I looked like a retro GODDESS.)
The only problem is, as stated before, it takes me so long to do... And I'm possibly taking the bus (which takes 2 hours), so I'll have to wake up at like... 4 am. Oh well. It's not like I'll be sleeping at all anyway.

Now if that wasn't enough ranting, I have even MORE personal stuff to talk about. Feel free to stop reading here if your not interested in my personal life.

I realize I mention Sam quite a bit in my posts, and I've never really said who he is. Well, if you couldn't figure it out from how much I gush about him, he's my boyfriend of about 6 months. (Actually, if I remember correctly, it'll be exactly 6 months tomorrow.) He's also pretty much the most amazing person I've ever met.
That's us at Prom this year (on the left). I was still a blonde then. cx
Anyway, our relationship story is kinda funny. Dana "set us up" on a friend-date (though we had never met...) for our semi-formal winter dance, because I didn't have anyone to go with, and she really wanted me to go. We hit it off amazingly, and about a month later, we started dating. It was pretty casual for a while, but started getting serious in the summer.
Last month, we went to the Japanese Lantern Lighting Festival at Como Zoo with Dana and her boyfriend, Nathan. Now, I'm gonna take a break to say I looked really good.
Thank you Michelle Phan for giving me awesome make up ideas!
Anyway, on our way back to my house, we started talking, about pretty serious things, too. There a little bit of that "Where is this relationship going?" conversation, and we both said we were pretty optimistic about it. I won't go in to too much detail, but the night ended with us saying "I love you" too each other for the first time. And let me tell you, it was awesome.
Much more recently (this past Saturday, to be precise), we had a much longer, more intense and serious relationship conversation. Again, I won't go in to too much detail, as I'm sure it's not terribly interesting for anyone reading this, I just like talking about it (and it takes my mine off of my nerves). We mostly talked about the future, including things like marriage and kids. Usually, this would freak me out, as I'm only 18, and never saw myself as being one to have such a serious relationship so young (Sam's values are much more traditional than my own, as he's Baptist, and I'm not religiously affiliated with anything, really), but strangely enough, it actually just makes me really happy and excited. Now, we're not talking about any of this happening now, but more of it being part of a potential future after I'm done with Aveda and he's done with college (or, at least, not in his freshman year). 
Okay, I think that's enough for my little rant. I'm just ridiculously happy about all of this, and it gives me an excuse to do something other than my little biography assignment for Aveda.
I'M SO FUCKING NERVOUS.
Sigh, I better work on that. Okay guys, sorry if this is a little ridiculous and more personal than my other posts. I'll be posting a lot about my Aveda experiences (and some tips/guides here and there about hair and make up!) soon!

-Caitlin May




No comments:

Post a Comment